Friday, November 09, 2007

Is this thing on? tap..tap..Can anyone hear me?

I'm playing poker online more frequently now, so I decided that I should start this thing back up. I would be kidding if I said it had nothing to do with this. If its still missing, fill in my name for event #9 The Mookie. It also has to do with SteelerJosh posting a little more frequently also.

In my win of the Mookie at one point in the tourney, I was one of the big stacks at the table. Someone raised all in for under 900 chips. I was at about 8600 or so. I reraised (too big) to isolate, then the other big stack pushed all in. The 2 other people left in the hand both commented about their holdings giving me some more information. I would have 5000+ left if I fold, I think the other stack had me covered if I call. I felt extremely comfortable at this blind level with 5000+ stack, I also felt that the push over me was not a "move" (he had me covered but barely). These numbers are not exact, but with all the money involved I am getting the correct odds.

At this point I folded because I thought I was beat. I made a mistake with the size of my isolation raise, why compound it by making a 2nd mistake(although probably correct with any two oddswise) in the same hand. I quickly move past my mistake.

Fast forward to Riverchasers on Thursday. I raise in middle or early position to steal with some stupid hand like A3x. The raise with that hand was a tired raise, I was literally falling asleep playing. I havent stayed up for a tourney during the week and then have to work the next day in a long time. I was wiped out, plus we were in a hotel so my sleep was not good. Anyways I get reraised all in for all my chips, pots odds say call my gut says I am dominated. I fold again this time and I believe I was right. But this time I don't just shrug it off, I quickly donk it off in the next hand. I called an all in after a raise and a reraise with KX diamonds. I had no clue there was even another player left to act.

Point is, we are all going to make a mistake or four during a tourney, its how we limit those mistakes and then move on from them that allows us to be successful.

It feels so good to be back...

5 comments:

on_thg said...

Congrats on the win and welcome back!

STeelerJosh said...

What a surprise!!! (Not the win, the post)

Congrats.

mookie99 said...

Congrats on the big win! Sorry I wasn't around to witness title #2. I was "stuck" in Vegas.

Can you drop me a comment with your email address so I can send you the Champion Profile questions?

Thanks

The Poker Grind said...

hey , tonight (sunday )im hosting a bloggerment on Full tilt at 10pm EST , its a $20+2 bounty tourney ...$15 of the buyin goes towards the prizepool and $5 goes towards each persons bounty , you get $5 for each person you knock out, password is thepokergrind , hope to see you there...alot of our fellow bloggers will be there so it should be a nice turnout

Peter said...

Nice blog! More people should read it. If you want, you can register your blog Pokerweblogs.com. .It is free and and it automatically updates when you do an update, so visitors of our site can see when you updated your blog. The big advantage is that it will attract much more visitors to your blog.

Greets Peter