Friday, February 22, 2008

New League

I am in a poker league that has a Stud Tourney this weekend. It’s a cheap buy-in, so I don’t mind that I haven’t really played stud except for once or twice. This league consists of several regular events consisting of Holdem, Omaha, Stud, & Crazy Pineapple for a 15$ buy-in. 3 major tourneys consisting of Omaha, Stud, and Crazy Pineapple for a buy-in of 25$ and a Main Event (Holdem) for 50$. Also, a final tourney for the top point earners. Some cash for KO leaders and points leader at the end of the season.

It’s a well run league, there are 9 people that run it and at each tourney they all have a responsibility. One person runs the software, one runs the buy in, one records the knockouts paper and some one else does the chip ups during the breaks. They are all considered dealers so you never have to deal. You sit down and this person deals for the table the whole time, which works well when you have tournaments beside holdem. I love that they do this and I am sure it makes it easier to run the league, I hate running a tourney myself, I always feel rushed at the beginning and like everyone else is just sitting around waiting for me. Which they usually are.

The first tournament (Holdem) had about 40 people but I missed the tourney. The second event was an Omaha tourney had 29 runners and I was able to make the final table, money and earn bonus league points. We will see how Stud goes as I am trying to quickly read up on some strategy. Our next tourney in 2 weeks is the Stud Major, so I need to get up to speed fairly quick.

1 comment:

Free Poker Capital said...

Texas hold'em poker No deposit free bonuses for new shark's - all possible $50 bankrolls :)

El Poker freak